Thursday 8 May 2014

Mother's Day

This Sunday will be my first Mother’s Day with J! Last year we were nearing the end of our second IVF cycle. We were waiting to take a blood test to determine if that cycle was a success (it was!) I was hoping that whilst I may not have a child in my arms, that in 2014, I would be holding the life growing inside me (I will be!) Of course I celebrated last year with my furry first born. Dogs are our children too!
 
Mother’s Day is such a hard day for many. The women who long for a child of their own and the ones who are undergoing expensive and emotionally and physically draining procedures to have a child. The women who are hoping to adopt and waiting for someone to choose them to place their child with. The women who have carried their babies for only a short time but never got to hold them in their arms. The women who have held their babies/children in their arms and yet have had them taken from this world much too soon. I know women that fit in to every one of these categories, and they are all the strongest women I know. And they are already Mothers! I can’t wait for this day to hold more positive connotations for them and for them to be able to celebrate with a child in their arms.
Just because you cannot physically see a child, does not mean someone is not a Mother. They may be a Mother many times over. And just because they may be celebrating with the children you can see, does not mean they are not also feeling the loss of a child you can’t. This Mother’s Day, I ask you to please think of these women!
 
This Mother’s Day, I will celebrate the fact that I am a Mother to my almost 4 month old son, just as I celebrate every day. I will not take for granted that this year I have a child to hold on this day. I love being a Mum so much! There are no words to describe the joy I feel. I can’t wait to spend the day with my little family. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!!!
 
 
 
I leave you with this beautiful video I found on Youtube... Celebrate ALL the Mothers out there this Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment