Tuesday 6 May 2014

3.5 Month Update - Slow Down Time!

Where have the last 3.5 months gone? It’s been a whirlwind, for sure. J is growing up so much every day. I want to document so much about him and I feel like I’m never going to remember it all. Sure, I have a bazillion photos (maybe not an exaggeration either), but I’m so worried I am going to forget the way he smells or the look in his eyes when he looks up at me. Things, that can’t be captured on camera or describe perfectly in words. This makes me one very sad Mama!
Things I can document though are…
He had his first shower on the 25th of April, he wasn't sure but he didn't hate it. Second time was much more fun for him. He's too big for his baby bath (cue sad music)!
 
He LOVES reading, OK, being read to. His face lights up and he grins when you turn the page or put on a different voice. His favourite books at the moment are Spot Loves His Dad, Spot Loves Sports and Rainbow Rob. All visually enticing as well, which I am sure helps!
He thinks animal noises are hilarious! Especially quacking. Animal noises and a noise I make with my mouth, which I can not for the life of me describe, make him laugh out loud. Music to my ears!
 
His favourite songs are Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, Insy Winsy Spider, Old McDonald Had a Farm (or our version which includes his name), B.I.N.G.O (which we also personalise to B.A.N.D.I.T) and Summer of ’69 (yep my kid loves Bryan Adams, won’t pretend this doesn’t make me happy).
He sleeps like a champ. We got some full nights of sleep. Others he will wake up once for a feed. He is a champion napper though! He is usually awake for roughly 90 minutes at a time. And then I wrap him up, put him down awake with his Snugglemonkey playing soothing music (Fisher Price has done it again!) and his dummy and he settles himself to sleep. He usually lies awake for a little while and giggles to himself and looks around and before you know it, I look over and he’s got his little eyes closed. What I love, is that he loves sleep and can settle himself. He will fall asleep without Snugglemonkey and a dummy too, I usually just give them to him as he prefers to have them. He doesn’t sleep so well unswaddled, with his flailing arms and what not. I’m dreading the day he is too old to be swaddled.
 
He is currently feeding every 2 or so hours during the day, unless he naps through it, then he wakes up STARVING! He used to go 4 hourly but that changed about a month ago. I will be starting him on solids at 6 months. I am sad and excited about this at the same time, but will save those details for another post!
 
He is pulling himself up from lying down. And now that he can sit up (aided of course), he doesn’t like to lie down much. Mr Independent!
 
I think he might roll very soon, maybe even today! We had what looked like some serious rolling potential this morning during tummy time. So video camera is permanently in my hand so I can capture it and show Dad!
 
Cradle cap won this week! He doesn’t have it too bad, but I oiled it and brushed it and it flaked off, taking a whole lot of hair with it! I won’t lie, I cried. I loved his hair. He is still super cute of course, now he just has a frullet (front mullet) surrounded but bald patches. Too funny!
 
He said ‘hi’ this past weekend. Whether it was a fluke or not remains to be seen. He said it twice within 5 minutes and in context too. If he says it a third time, I am counting it.
 
He loves his ‘doggy’. Bandit is too much of a mouthful for a baby so he is known as doggy for the time being in hopes that he will say that at some stage in the future. He has patted Bandit all by himself (without us forcing his hand in a stroking motion) and sometimes laughs out loud just looking at him. Poor Bandit must be getting a complex. But Bandit loves him too. He’s rarely far away and is the first to him if he cries.
He isn’t much of a crier. We go days on end without a single cry. We have had a couple these last few weeks though. Takes a good ten minutes to settle him. Breaks my heart! It looks like teething. He has all the signs, red cheeks, drooling like no tomorrow, the unexplained unsettledness, chewing on everything really hard and swollen gums. Hoping he cuts a tooth soon and isn’t one of those babies that goes months on end without a single tooth erupting.
He hasn’t been weighed or measured in a while, so we must do that soon.
So there is my 3.5 month update on my little man. There’s so much more I could write, but he’s waking from him nap now. So I’m off for cuddles J

I leave you with an adorable turtle baby butt, you're welcome.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment